The Stages e-mail notification service informs Stages users about new news application entries and the assignment of new roles. Also Stages can schedule certain tasks such as the creation of a process version, if a notification server has been configured. The task will then be queued and the user will be informed once it is finished.
Before using this notification service, a few configuration parameters must be set in the
<STAGESHOME>/conf/config.xml configuration file.
<notification> <!-- URL of Stages server --> <serverurl>http://stages.example.com:8080</serverurl> <!-- hostname of SMTP server where e-mail can be delivered --> <mailserver>mail.example.com</mailserver> <!-- address that should be used as the "Reply-To:" header --> <replyto>firstname.lastname@example.org</replyto> <!--address that should be used as the "From:" header --> <sender>Stages Notification Service <email@example.com></sender> <!-- interval for "ASAP" notifications in minutes --> <minimumInterval>120</minimumInterval> </notification>
To use encrytped communication with the mail server via STARTTLS please proceed as follows:
- Open file “<Stages installation path>\stages\config.bat”
- Add the red colored setting to the line: set JAVA_OPTS=-Dmail.smtp.port=587 -Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
- Open a cmd with administrative permissions and navigate to folder “<Stages installation path>\stages\bin”
- Reinstall the Stages service: reinstallService.bat
- Restart Stages service: net start stages
- Open file “<Stages installation path>/stages/bin/rc.conf”
- Add the red colored seeting to the line: CONF_JAVA_OPTS=-Dmail.smtp.port=587 -Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
- Restart the Stages service: stages restart