Whether you are migrating from V6 or V7.1, the process metamodel definition has been changed. Please see here for more info on how to migrate your existing metamodel to V7.2.
How to migrate reports
The reporting system has been simplified in V7. To migrate an existing report to V7, the following steps should be taken
- The Report Designer version 7.2.0 should be used. It is based on BIRT Report Designer 4.4.2.
PkitMetrics.xmland the related “beforeOpen” scripts are no longer required. To remove them, follow these steps for every Data Source in your report:
- Click on the Data Source
- Open the “Script” tab in the main edit window
- Select the “beforeOpen” Script (it should already be selected)
- Delete the whole script
- Double click on the Data Source to open the “Edit Data Source” window
- In the “Stages Data Source” selection, make sure that the “User Name” and “Password” fields are empty if you are NOT using the Report Designer preview. If you are using the preview, add your own user name and password in those fields.
How to use new V7 scripting capabilities
With new V7 capabilities, new entities and properties have been added to the Scripting API and existing ones were updated.
Guidance and Resources
The newly introduced Guidance elements can be accessed via the new
containsGuidanceIndex@SYSTEM entities, similar to
containsActivityIndex@SYSTEM. As Guidance replaced Resources,
containsResourceIndex@SYSTEM entities now returns empty lists.
Tailoring Questions and Answers can now be accessed via this data model:
As private compliance scopes are not supported anymore, the
containsPrivateScope@SYSTEM entity now always returns an empty list.
Reports are now always executed with the permissions of the current user. The
asCurrentUser.run(…) script statement is not required anymore and can be removed. If left in the script, it has no effect anymore.
pkit variable has been superseded by the
$s variable, but the
pkit variable still exists and works as previously defined.
A new API call
stages.getCurrentProcess() has been added as a shortcut for the existing
pkit.getCurrentProject().getEntities(“containsProcess@SYSTEM”) call sequence.